Announcements and Updates
PEIA new plan year confirmation letters: Healthy Tomorrows notification clarification
- There was an error in the text of the confirmation letters. The letter said "Healthy Tomorrows Numbers Reported", but it should have said "Healthy Tomorrows Criteria MET."
- If an employee's letter says Healthy Tomorrows Numbers Reported and the answer is NO, it means that either we did not receive a form, or they did not meet the criteria for the discount.
- If it says Healthy Tomorrows Numbers Reported: YES, it means that the policyholder met the criteria, and will not be paying the additional $500 deductible.
- If the employee's doctor marked the certification that the numbers cannot be met, the letter would have said Healthy Tomorrows Numbers Reported: YES.
- Anyone who got a YES on their Healthy Tomorrows line has avoided the additional $500 deductible for plan year 2018.
- Any policyholder can check their Healthy Tomorrows status on the Manage My Benefits site by logging in, but it will show the same information as was printed in the letter. If an employee disagrees with what their letter says or what it says on the Manage My Benefits website, they must appeal in writing to the director of PEIA at the address on the letter.
Effective June 22, 2017 the West Virginia State Legislature has eliminated funding for the State Employee Sick Leave Fund. The fund was created by W. Va. Code §5-5-6 in 2009 and provided eligible employees an option to receive payment for their unused sick leave. Effective with the elimination of the sick leave fund due to recent state budget cuts, requests for payment of unused sick leave are no longer being accepted or approved by the State Department of Administration.
Annual 403(b) Universal Availability Notice
West Virginia University (the "University") is a participating employer of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education 403(b) Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Plan (the "Plan"). All employees of the University, including employees not eligible for benefits, can voluntarily elect to defer a portion of their wages to the Plan for retirement savings.
Please see the Annual 403(b) Universal Availability Notice website for additional information.
TIAA On-Campus Individual Counseling Sessions
To schedule an individual session on campus, please visit TIAA or call (800) 732-8353.