Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Mountaineer Flexible Benefits offers WVU employees the opportunity to take advantage of Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
A Medical FSA is used to pay for eligible medical expenses which aren’t covered by your insurance or other plan. These expenses can be incurred by you, your spouse, a qualifying child o relative. Your full annual contribution amount is available at the beginning of the plan year.
The Dependent Care FSA is a great way to pay for eligible dependent care expenses such as after school care, baby-sitting fees, elder care services, nursery and preschool. Eligible dependents include your qualifying child, spouse and/or relative.
Annual Contribution Limits
For Medical FSA:
- Minimum Annual Deposit: $0
- Maximum Annual Deposit: $2,550
For Dependent FSA:
- Minimum Annual Deposit: $150
- Maximum Annual Deposit: Varies; $2,500 (if married filing separately); $5,000 (if married filing jointly)
For more information on FSA contribution limits, refer to the
Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Reference Guide
Submitting FSA Claims
- Login to www.myFBMC.com
- Click “My Benefits” at the top of the page
- Click on “Account Information” on the left hand side of page (this will redirect you to the WageWorks FSA Dashboard where you can submit claims or download forms).
- Or Call WageWorks FSA Customer Care (1.855.428.0446) to request a paper claim form
- WageWorks FSA Quick Start Guide
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
WVU employees who have enrolled in PEIA Plan C are eligible to enroll in an HSA through Mountaineer Flexible Benefits. Employees may make pre-tax contributions to their HSA account.
- Single Coverage may contribute up to $3,100 per year.
- Family Coverage may contribute up to $6,250 per year
- Over age 55 may make additional $1000 “catch-up” contributions per year.
NOTE: Employees who enroll in an HSA through Mountaineer Flexible Benefits must set up an HSA account with Synovus bank.
Please see the Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Reference Guide for more information.