Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Mountaineer Flexible Benefits offers WVU employees the opportunity to take advantage of Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
A Medical FSA is used to pay for eligible medical expenses which aren’t covered by your insurance or other plan. These expenses can be incurred by you, your spouse, a qualifying child or relative. Your full annual contribution amount is available at the beginning of the plan year.
The Dependent Care FSA is a great way to pay for eligible dependent care expenses such as after school care, baby-sitting fees, elder care services, nursery and preschool. Eligible dependents include your qualifying child, spouse and/or relative.
Annual Contribution Limits
For Medical FSA:
- Minimum Annual Deposit: $0
- Maximum Annual Deposit: $2,550
For Dependent FSA:
- Minimum Annual Deposit: $150
- Maximum Annual Deposit: Varies; $2,500 (if married filing separately); $5,000 (if married filing jointly)
For more information on FSA contribution limits, refer to the
Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Reference Guide
Submitting FSA Claims
- Login to www.myFBMC.com
- Click “My Benefits” at the top of the page
- Click on “Account Information” on the left hand side of page (this will redirect you to the WageWorks FSA Dashboard where you can submit claims or download forms).
- Or Call WageWorks FSA Customer Care (1.855.428.0446) to request a paper claim form
- WageWorks FSA Quick Start Guide
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
WVU employees who have enrolled in PEIA Plan C are eligible to enroll in an HSA through Mountaineer Flexible Benefits. Employees may make pre-tax contributions to their HSA account.
- Single Coverage may contribute up to $3,100 per year.
- Family Coverage may contribute up to $6,250 per year
- Over age 55 may make additional $1000 “catch-up” contributions per year.
NOTE: Employees who enroll in an HSA through Mountaineer Flexible Benefits must set up an HSA account with Synovus bank.HSA Account Opening Instructions
Please see the Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Reference Guide for more information.