Retirement Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Information Available:
- What are the retirement eligibility guidelines?
- How can I estimate my retirement income?
- Is an employee's retirement plan contribution tax deferred?
- Are employee/employer contributions immediately 100% vested?
- Is there a maximum contribution to the 401(a) plan?
- What is the 403(b) tax-deferred retirement plan? (memorandum posted here).
- What is the 457(b) plan?
- Can I use sick leave for retiree PEIA medical premiums?
- Can I use faculty service for PEIA retiree premiums?
- What are the PEIA retiree medical premium rates?
- What are the years of service for PEIA retiree medical insurance?
- Can I retire due to a disability?
- What happens if an employee dies while he/she is still an active employee or retiree?
- Is there a retiree ID card?
- Can I withdraw funds from 401(a) plan?
- How do I withdraw retirement funds after resignation?
- What are the maximum amounts I can contribute to the Supplemental Retirement Accounts?
- When I turn 70 and still working, do I need to do the minimum distribution that federal tax rules require?
- I am an active WVU employee and just turned age 65. Do I need to enroll in Medicare?