Retirement Frequently Asked QuestionsAdditional Information Available:
- 1. What are the retirement eligibility guidelines?
- 2. How can I estimate my retirement income?
- 3. Is an employee's retirement plan contribution tax deferred?
- 4. Are employee/employer contributions immediately 100% vested?
- 5. Is there a maximum contribution to the 401(a) plan?
- 6. What is the 403(b) tax-deferred retirement plan? (memorandum posted here).
- 7. What is the 457(b) plan?
- 8. Can I use sick leave for retiree PEIA medical premiums?
- 9. Can I use faculty service for PEIA retiree premiums?
10. What are the PEIA retiree medical premium rates?
11. What are the years of service for PEIA retiree medical insurance?
12. Can I retire due to a disability?
13. What happens if an employee dies while he/she is still an active employee or retiree?
14. Is there a retiree ID card?
15. Can I withdraw funds from 401(a) plan?
16. How do I withdraw retirement funds after resignation?
17. What to do if I am a 9 month faculty contributing to a Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) and receiving summer supplemental pay?
18. What are the maximum amounts I can contribute to the Supplemental Retirement Accounts?
19. When I turn 70 and still working, do I need to do the minimum distribution that federal tax rules require?
20. I am an active WVU employee and just turned age 65. Do I need to enroll in Medicare?